It's summer. The sun is shining. It is hot in the car, and you take a plastic bottle of water with you. You know that drinking water is especially important in summer, so you don't want to miss this opportunity to be good to your body. But...
Be Aware of Plastic!
Plastic - or better: Phthalate and Bisphenol A - leaks into the water, and this happens increasingly with summer temperatures. In studies they found these substances especially in the glandular system where they mimic the body's own hormones. You can imagine the mess! That's why they are called endocrine disruptor chemicals or EDCS.
They create a decrease of hormone production in adrenals, thyroids, parathyroids, pancreas, ovaries, testis, hypocampus. That can lead to a few problems:
* Problems during pregnancy (early delivery, deformations)
* Damage on lungs, liver, kidneys, testis, sperm
* Other secondary symptoms like reduced stress management
What to do?
1. Use water bottles from glass only. Best are the blue water bottles. Also for the bikers!
2. Air out your car for some minutes before use.
3. If you use plastic, make sure it is never exposed to heat or sun.
Tip for breastfeeding women:
Do not buy a new car during pregnancy because the toxins released make the mother's milk become dangerous (EDCS, Furane, Dioxines).
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SUMMER!
Health & Happiness